Hello again.

Top Line: What are the outcomes of reirradiation for locoregionally recurrent breast cancer?

The Study: Here is a look back at Mayo’s experience for reirradiation of the breast or chest wall over the past two decades. Across 72 patients, median prior dose was 60 Gy and median reirradiation dose was 45 Gy. There was a rough 60 / 40 split on curative / palliative intent, and half of patients had gross disease at time of radiation. Roughly three-quarters received treatment with photons and one-quarter protons. At a median follow-up of nearly 2 years, grade 3 toxicity was experienced by 13% (10% acute dermatitis + 3% late skin necrosis). The most important determinant of toxicity was something we can’t control: time interval between radiation. Among the 37 patients without gross disease treated with curative-intent, 93% were free from another locoregional failure and 77% still alive at 2 years. Two-thirds experienced low-grade fibrosis and 9 (14%) developed telangiectasias. Rib fracture occurred in 14 patients (19%) at a median of 11 months, 10 of which were incidentally discovered on imaging. Of note, the only two cases of brachial plexopathies occurred in the absence of axillary reirradiation but in the presence of a malignant axillary tumor.

TBL: Reirradiation for resected recurrent breast cancer is tolerable and can achieve excellent local control. | Fattahi, Adv Radiat Oncol 2022

Comments

  1. ⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬⏬
    My Name is Pedro from the United States, I want to say thank you to Mr Mark Toray for the good thing he has done for me, Though am not sure if this is the best forum to show my joy and happiness for what he has done for me but I can’t hide my happiness and my joy so I have to share it with people. This is unbelievable, at first I never actually built any interest in this Binary/Forex trading of a thing but when I later gave it a try with the Help of this wonderful Expert Trader Mr Mark Toray, it was a successful trade for me. All I did was to invest $1000 into my first trading and to my greatest surprise, I received a huge amount of $12,520 as profit in 7 days of trading… Mr Mark Toray was the trader that made it possible and he is still doing it all for me.. You want to be happy and be free like me do well to reach out to her via Email: Marktoray8@gmail.com or Telegram: @Mark4toray_fx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts