Triple threat.

Top Line: How do you get everyone to agree on the best treatment for early-stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)? Use immunotherapy, stereotactic body radiation (SBRT), and surgery.

The Study: Phase 3 testing has already demonstrated an improvement in pathologic complete response rate (pCR) with the addition of immune checkpoint inhibition to chemotherapy prior to resection of NSCLC. This prospective randomized phase 2 trial asks if the addition of upfront SBRT can further improve pCR. Patients with resectable stage I-IIIA NSCLC all received two 3-week cycles of durvalumab pre-op with +/- the addition of SBRT (8Gyx3 over three consecutive days) immediately prior to the first durvalumab infusion. After neoadjuvant therapy, 26/30 (87%) in each arm went to surgery. The primary endpoint was rate of “major” pathologic response defined as no more than 10% viable tumor cells remaining, a validated surrogate of overall survival in this setting. Even with small numbers, there was a clear improvement with the addition of SBRT. After durvalumab alone 3/27 achieved major responses compared to 16/26 with SBRT+durvalumab, including 8 complete responses.

TBL: Larger studies with longer follow-up may prove the best outcomes are borne of combining, rather than competing, local therapies for early-stage NSCLC. | Altorki, Lancet Oncol 2021

Comments

  1. Hello, I want to use this opportunity to thank a great doctor, a doctor Olta sepll caster who helped me to cure my (Alopecia) I was directed by a friend who received healing from him also. I almost lose hope in life when my friend told me about this great doctor who has healed many people from this sickness, I thought it will require many things but by the special grace of God everything was simple, now I am healed from (Alopecia) I am now a normal a human without no sickness. please my brothers and sisters if you are facing the same problem please remember to Contact Olta's spell caster for any kind of sickness HIV, cancer, etc For more info text or call (+1 424-644-1977) or email oltaspellcaster@live.com and WhatsApp ?+1 (862) 358-5989?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts