Partly.

Just when you think we need longer follow-up of partial breast irradiation (PBI) data, we have 20 year results from a single-center, phase 3 Hungarian trial of partial versus whole breast radiation (WBRT). Over 250 women with early stage breast cancer (2 cm or less, N0, grade 1-2, no pure DCIS, no extensive intraductal component) were randomized to PBI or WBRT after lumpectomy. PBI was either APBI using a multicatheter HDR technique (5.2 Gy BID x 7, used in 2/3) or conventionally fractionated PBI using an electron field to deliver 50 Gy in 25 fractions (used in 1/3). The trial ended up closing earlier than planned as patients began enrolling on the GEC-ESTRO APBI trial. So, existing enrollment was powered to detect a 10% absolute difference in 5-year IBTR. After over 18 years of median follow-up, the rate of IBTR as a first event was 7.8% with PBI and 6.2% with WBRT. The 20-year actuarial rate of local recurrence was 9.6 vs 7.9% (not exactly the <1% difference seen in B-39 and RAPID). TBL: Long-term results of an early PBI trial don’t suggest any glaring differences in IBTR between whole and partial breast radiation. | Polgar, Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2020

Comments

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free kubet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts