ICIng on the cake.

Top Line: The proportion of patients with brain mets who are also on some form of immune checkpoint inhibition (ICI) continues to grow.

The Study: Thankfully, so does our data on outcomes with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) given with or around the same time as ICI. Here’s another retrospective review, this one includes 179 patients treated with SRS for brain mets at the University of Maryland, 36 of whom had “concurrent” ICI given within  +/- three months from SRS. Consistent with previous reporting, local control at one year was higher with concurrent ICI (98%) than without (90%), which remained the case when looking only at the most common histology of non-small cell lung cancer (100% versus 90%, respectively). In fact, on multivariate analysis, concurrent ICI was associated with a lower risk of local failure than any other characteristic. Though radionecrosis was numerically more common with concurrent ICI (7%) than without (4%), the numbers were far too small to detect a statistical difference.

TBL: Recognizing the need to employ SRS within 3 months of immune checkpoint inhibition is pretty inevitable regardless, it’s nice to see that the synergy appears to favor benefit versus harm. | Kowalski, Radiat Oncol 2020

Comments

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts