Aftermath.

Top Line: Do patients with resected pancreatic cancer who received neoadjuvant chemotherapy benefit from additional adjuvant chemotherapy?

The Study: For patients with resected pancreatic cancer, either adjuvant gemcitabine + capecitabine (25.5→ 28 months) or adjuvant FOLFIRINOX (35→ 54.4 months) improve survival over gemcitabine alone. Both regimens are also used if neoadjuvant therapy is chosen. This large retrospective cohort study asks just that question for patients who received neoadjuvant FOLFIRINOX. They assembled data from over 500 patients from 31 centers in 19 countries. Among these, 61% had R0 resection, and 50% had LN+ disease. Two-thirds received adjuvant chemotherapy. Most of these (59%) received gemcitabine-based therapy, 20% received additional FOLFIRINOX, and the rest received other regimens. Patients who received chemo had higher rates of adverse features like R1 resection and LN+ disease, but they also had better performance status. There was no difference in median OS between patients who did or did not receive adjuvant chemo. Among those with node-positive disease, though, adjuvant chemo was associated with improved OS (13→ 26 months). Both FOLFIRINOX and gemcitabine-based regimens were associated with improved OS for LN+ patients.

TBL: After neoadjuvant FOLFIRINOX and resection for pancreatic cancer, it’s mainly patients with node-positive disease who appear to benefit from additional chemotherapy. | van Roessel, JAMA Oncol 2020

Comments

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free kubet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts